Friday, October 8, 2010

Cloud Computing - New Definition and other terms

It's been a while that I posted anything. Was busy with some personal emergencies.

Today I am going to talk about how a new definition of cloud computing is emerging or rather I should say the cloud computing is getting defined. In my earlier post I talked about Cloud computing consisting of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS. But I see that term "Cloud Computing" is increasing being used for IaaS. SaaS is considered as separate field altogether and PaaS, I believe is still going thru definition phase.

Another question that I always get is that How Grid Computing is different from Cloud Computing. The answer is that Grid Computing is specialized form for cloud computing which is used for HPC( high performance computing). The key differentiation is that in Grid a "Single" workload is first distributed among multiple machines and the collated back, while in Cloud Computing we only replicate the same workload on multiple machines.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a nice and interesting blog with us.
    and also we are providing E-Learning Portal Videos for students and working Professionals
    Hurry Up! Bag All Courses in Rs - 10000 /- + taxes
    41 Career building courses.
    Designed by 33 industrial experts
    600+ hours of video Content
    DevOps and Cloud E-Learning Portal

    ReplyDelete